Monday, November 16, 2020

The Trump International

 The hotel is a normal nice hotel, nothing particularly special about it. It's across the street from the Nordstroms in the Fashion Mall. 

The valet at the door was delighted when he heard my name. "All right!" he said, after confirming it.

Inside the lobby was mostly empty. Only one woman working the desks. All Vegas is understaffed right now, this hotel no exception. 

The people at the front, a couple, were buying rooms without a reservation. They took a long time, putting the rooms different cards. A Chinese woman had darted in front of me as I came in with my bags, to get in front of me. She too was paying on the spot. I can't fathom arriving in Las Vegas without a room booked, but I guess that is just me.

Another Asian man, possibly a young Pakistani, tried to get the woman's attention at the desk. Are you the only one working? She said yes. His key didn't work, he said. He was frustrated. I was the only one in line by then, and I was going to tell him, just your key, ok go ahead of me. But as I turned around, he too turned around and starting walking across the lobby. Oddest thing. 

I checked in. Room prepaid. Insanely cheap right now for normal. Couldn't pass it up. Hallway empty. I feel like the only one on the floor. The room is nice. By the time I'm checked in it is completely dark. I was wondering what I would see out the window, when I checked in. So I look at the window. Two words in golden script lighting up the night. Encore...Wynn.

No comments: