Thursday, November 19, 2020

Good News for Uncle Dick

 I spent the day with my great-uncle. He lives in a section of Reno with old houses. It was a marvelous day. I told him I think of him as an older brother, that I'm the youngest member of that family he was in---because I remember them and their world, and I feel more at home in it that the present day at time. But not really. This is my day. This era is product of the defects of my generation, whom I knew would turn traitor to the U.S. at some point, because we were being conditioned away from understanding it.

He gave me small oranges---Cuties. I told him how his sister was like a second mother to me, and how I was so close both her and Don growing up, and that I felt like the luckiest person in the world.

We talked about flight and airplanes. We talked about his days in the 15th Air Force, 324th squadron 97th Bomb Group. I saw a picture of his crew on the wall. They bombed Prague once, and Vienna multiple times, as that was the principal location of the oil installations.

I told him I wasn't even sure how he had voted, although I knew his leanings, so I had broached it cautiously. He is an investor and he was watching CNBC, while he kept on in the background. 

He made money by buying land and stocks. He's very good at it. He got that from his father, my great-grandfather, who was a traveling salesman in the Middle West, and who died owning dozens of properties. He told me about land deals he'd made in various places around Reno, and the ones that were very good, and the ones where he only got his money back.

We talked about Nevada, as we had done on the phone. He mentioned other areas that he suspected were going to grow in time. We both agreed that Carson (City) is a pit.

"It's always colder and windier up there," he said. Dick thinks the Reno climate is the ideal one.

Finally the election came up.

"President-Elect" Biden came on to give a press conference on CNBC. I told him that I couldn't keep talkiing to him with Biden in the background. I made some disparaging remark that indicated my feelings.

That opened up everything. I told him what I thought. I explained that Donald Trump was going to be inaugurated for a second term on January 20. One hundred percent. He very much liked that. He said that gave him a reason to keep on living for a while.

I was shocked to learn that he wasn't aware that Clark County had thrown out 150,000 ballots of a county election because of fraud, and that those ballots were also presidential ballots. It was news to him.

"The nailed these guys and they are going to deliver justice. We will have the rule of law again in this country...and Nevada is going to have fair elections."


No comments: