Tuesday, November 10, 2020

The Blackout Ahead

As described in my last post, Wictor has to deal with people who come to him in fear, whether trolls or genuine. Yet I can tell you that morale is very high on our side. The surety is building every day, among everyone on our side, that a massive fraud was perpetrated that if allowed to stand would mean the end of the Republic. That's a very strong motivation to keep going. The President is solid. If he weren't, this wouldn't be happening.

One manifestation of this confidence on our side is clarity. There is an awareness that media, and Big Tech, is doing everything they can with their wizard power to try to get us to say "two plus two equals five." It's all meaningless of course. Trump has all the cards right now. All they have is bluff.

Yet part of this awareness among almost everyone on our side is the knowledge that we could be swept from the Internet in a moment's notice. All of our accounts could go poof. It is not unreasonable that Twitter would simply ban anyone who disputed the election at all. Such a step would be heavy-handed to the point of Chinese-style crackdowns, yet I think most of us almost expect it at some point, as the machine gets desperate to maintain their illusion.

Very commonly, many big Twitter accounts, including blue check mark verified accounts, are setting up alternate accounts on other platforms, and telling their followers to go there if and when they get banned. Like I said, Twitter is the burning deck of half-destroyed battleship. We aren't fighting to take over Twitter. We can abandon it when we need to. In fact it will be good to see sink as we leave.

The blackout may come. The Establishment would relish the confusion and darkness. Strangely no one on our side seems to fear it. People are expecting it, almost looking forward to the challenge. Information would still get out. It might actually improve morale on our side, to have this happen. It would be taken as a sign of our impending victory. Having to put together a constellation of alternative platforms for your content is one of the signs that you are doing 2020 right. 

Some have said, only half jokingly, that Trump could use the Emergency Broadcast Network on our phones to send out information. It's nice knowing that is there, just in case. Nothing seems too farfetched at this hour. The Establishment is fighting for its life and all it has as a weapon in the end is fear.

It occurred to me that even this tiny little blog could away. Google owns the Blogger platform. I write here as long as they let me. My entire Google presence could disappear in a minute.

As part of that I just now decided that it would a shame to have these several million words I've written over the last twelve years just go poof into the aether. So I manually backed up my blog. I had been wanting to do that for some time, but had figured it would a long process and result in huge files on my hard drive.

What a humiliation! I clicked the link and it took about fifteen seconds to finish downloading twelve year's of content as one big XML file. I was sure something had gone wrong. The size of the file was just over 13 MB, which is barely the side of a twenty-minute video. 

I guess I shouldn't feel bad. I knew from using Kindle that even massive novels are not that big. Clarissa by Samuel Richardson barely makes a dent in one's Kindle's hard drive. Text is amazingly compact. So I guess I can congratulate myself for getting up to 13 MB. Unfortunately it's impossible to open up the file because of its size, so I can't really verify everything is there. I'll have to trust Google on this. Still over the next few days I think I will prepare for the possibility of losing my Google and gmail account, and jumping elsewhere.

Until they come for the domain registrations, I will still have my site at www.decumanus.com, the domain I have owned since 1998. It's just a placeholder right now, like a business card. Look for me there if this blog disappears. I think I would be affected only if the purge were huge. But few on our side would underestimate their desperation when it starts falling apart for them. Such a purge would a sign of their fear and weakness.


No comments: