Monday, November 16, 2020

The Fate of the States

 After my long walk in the dark I came back to the hotel much more relaxed about the election. 

I hadn't checked Twitter all during the drive of course, and was not eager to check up on the news. But I did so a little, before going out for food, enough to engage my thoughts.

While I was standing under the exit ram drinking my soda water, looking up at the hotel, with the big golden letters on the top, my heart felt heavy at the thought of the predicament that the nation had fallen into, that we had let it get this far, that all this could happen.

But here we are. Thank God we have Trump. Thank god he is such a better man that I am. Thank God I understand him a little, enough to find peace in the moment.

Nevada is such a rough-edged place. Without the glamour of the strip, you can glimpse the base needs of human nature, male and female, in very stark terms. One wonders if all this is a good idea. I am comforted thinking how the Union is a collection of fifty states, each as a laboratory. That's the way it's designed. Nevada has its own rules. For example it's obvious that people are really into wearing masks out in the open air. In Arizona most people don't do that. Arizonans wouldn't accept the lockdowns of Nevada, I can tell you. In Nevada there is a sense that power is not really in the hands of the people, but in the hands of some kind of gang. I feel great compassion for the people who make this state their home. The Trump rallies here were wild and surly like no other state.

By the time I got back to my hotel, I had ceased worrying about Georgia this Friday. I had figured---oh, they must prevent the Georgia electoral votes from being certified. I don't think it matters. Georgia is about to have big problems. Either the Republican governor, who is a crook and a traitor to the nation most likely, makes a clean breast of it all ASAP or the DOJ is going to descend into the state in short order like righteous valkyries and take over the place. Don't think so? It's happened before. The feds sent troops into the South to make sure little girls could go to elementary school. We've got the same thing here---a massive civil rights violation. this time by a fraudulent election. The DOJ will come in and count the votes if need be, and by that time I think the Georgia legislature will be in a cooperative mood.

Trump is going to win all the northern rust belt states pretty easily. They are much more cooperative already.

They've bot a month---an eternity for this to play out. 

The key thought I had during my walk---Trump always goes big. This is not about playing small ball in the states. The lawsuit that Sidney Powell files will be in federal court, and will apply to multiple states. That automatically makes it a federal issue. They may ask for a nationwide supervised recount of all the votes. All you folks who want the popular vote to decide the Presidency, this is what it would be like every time if you got your wish, which you won't, because the Electoral College is a gift from God to America through inspiration, and without it, we have no America at all---which is of course what the left wants. They won't get it.

The other big thought I had for the night was how much the Democrats are screwed in spades because they didn't count on losing the Hispanics forever.  Hispanics are going to realize that all they had to do, to become fully American, is vote Republican. Democrats, you are so, so screwed. Do you not know that California will now be a swing state?

No comments: