Sunday, December 13, 2020

Whiteboarding

 D-DAY+34

Sunday I spent part of the morning with my whiteboard diagramming hte election (what else is there?). I wrote down as many pieces of the on-going process and the crime that I could think of. 

Afterwards I went for a long walk in the desert. The winter sun was warming and comforting. I kept through the scenarios I could imagine, it became clear to me that given what we already know, and barring something tragically cosmic, there is no way that Trump won't be inaugurated for a second term.

Like many people all of a sudden, I can see the path more clearly. I couldn't see it until now, but now it is making sense. I'm beginning to understand why they have been so relaxed and confident from the start, and why Mike Flynn says it's 10/10 that Trump will win.  He will be re-elected on January 6, 2021 and inaugurated two weeks later. It's no longer a mystery to me how it will happen, in broad terms. Up until now I was relying on Trump's character. Now I see details.

Despite the treasonous attack on the electoral system, the Republic is holding. We have blown through multiple Constitutional circuit breakers but there are still a few left, and it looks like they will work. 

Today I felt I could almost relax and start thinking of other things. When I came back from my walk, J had turned on TCM and they were showing Christmas movies. I haven't watched TCM in almost a year.

No comments: