Monday, December 7, 2020

Inauguration and Transition 2021

Over the weekend, I had in mind an impulse to attend next Saturday's Trump rally in Washington, D.C.  I briefly considered some way to attend. But a little voice inside told me to wait. Instead perhaps go to Washington for the January 20 inauguration. 

I mentioned the idea to J, whose birthday is very near that time, and she said if Trump's re-inaugurated, she will take the week off work to go. 

That's all it took for to go online and book a hotel reservation. I found a very highly rated hotel for a decent rate just south of the Mall. It's right across the street from the Museum of the Bible, which I've been wanting to visit, and near the Spy Museum, which I've also wanted to visit. 

It seemed good to lock in a decent rate while people are still wondering what will happen. Of course I checked out the possibility of staying at the Trump International on Pennsylvania Avenue but alas it is completely booked for the inauguration.

No comments: