Saturday, December 19, 2020

Puzzle Pieces Galore



So many moving parts right now to the election. I can barely keep track of them. For the last two days there have been rumors of impending martial law swirling on social media. I can't speak to those of course, as I have knowledge that is not publicly available.  If nothing else, it shows you what the mood is. Intrigue is the word of the hour.

One senses that many important things are happening that we will hear about only later.  In particular, there seem to be ominous signs that something huge is brewing. I agree with Wictor's take in this video about the election: all things being equal right now, Trump would not win a contested House vote on January 6th. But by the time we get there, he will be in an unassailable position to win. What will happen? Like Wictor, I am trying to go off only public, known knowledge as well as my perception of who Trump is.

I started putting together links to stories that are pieces of the puzzle as it unfolds. When two high-level pedophiles were arrested in one week (see below), it set off alarm bells to me.

A long time ago when I was a teenager I had the urge to be a journalist and to work in newspapers. I believed that it was a vital function of democracy. Now we have no journalism and barely any newspapers. The Drudge Report started by reposting links in plain fashion like here. If I had the time and inclination, I would start doing something like that on a regular basis.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says Russia is "pretty clearly" behind a massive cyberattack that penetrated both U.S. government and private computer systems. (12/19)

The Maricopa County (AZ) Board of Supervisors will not comply with the subpoenas to turn over Dominion machines for a forensic audit. Instead they are filing a complaint in Superior Court (12/18)

Swalwell's  p ast connections to a suspected Chinese spy are in question (12/18)

Modeling agent suspected of recruiting girls for Jeffrey Epstein arrested in Paris.  (12/17)

Eric Swalwell and the spy: A lesson in how China is undermining us (12/14)

CISA issues emergency directive to mitigate the compromise of the Solarwinds Orion network management products (12/13)

DE-CIX Frankfurt hits 10 Tbps Peak Traffic (11/4--report from day after election)

No comments: