Monday, January 11, 2021

Wild Underground

 Having exiled myself from the blue check mark social media platform, I find myself hunkered down with the other Refuseniks in a self-supporting spinoff forum, set up on private servers from earlier exiles. It is a tight ship. No Conspiracy Theories allowed. Only facts, speculations, and theories based on fact.

The small self-supporting forum uses a common login interface but it runs on its own servers (unlike Parler, which stupidly was using a well-known cloud platform).  

That doesn't mean the little forum can't be taken off line. In fact it disappeared for a half a day right after the events of the 6th because of the crush of refugees signing up, or using their dormant accounts for the first time. 

Watching the supposed alternative platforms go down, like Parler has just done, being the forum I mentioned feels like being in the London Underground during the Blitz. The bombs are going off over head as the enemy rages.  

Most of the people who have run the forum from its beginning, and are its regular posters, are people I've cited in previous posts here. They are hard core believers in Trump and believe he will prevail. They are not shaken in their faith in him or his victory. 

We are in the Underground, but it is buoyant and we are signing at the bombs explode over us.

I posted a thread there last night, joking about gallows humor. A got many likes on my posts, far more than I ever did in the blue check mark media for any post I ever made over four years. 

I post there under my real name. I wouldn't have it any other way. People there probably think I made it up as a nom de guerre. It's not a thing that is done, adopted the name. I joke that I was assigned at birth.

No comments: