Sunday, June 26, 2016

Coronation

One of the things that I started to do after I first moved into this neighborhood in Jan. 2015 is to start taking photographs of the posters on the light poles along Burnside. Usually the posters are for music shows, but there are posters for other things to, including people selling services, and well as political causes.

After a year a half of doing this, I have a pretty good library now. I also have an eye for when a new poster goes up. I can tell when something looks different. Over time I've tried to expand the shot to get a section of the post down to the pavement like this, partly so I can get more stuff in one shot, but also because it often looks cool. It's an extra treat if there is something out of the ordinary in the background, like this yellow bicycle.

No comments: