Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Reduction

Part of me doesn't even care about politics anymore. I feel so tuned out from it. Part of it is that I feel contracted and focused on my own life, for various reasons. 

But it goes beyond that. I feel detached from so many of the things that used to drive the storms in my soul. I am still interested in them, but I look at them as an observer. Writing to my friend Stefan, I could only tell him what I have observed that others believe. I can barely assert any belief myself.

In my isolation from the world, I yearn to reach out to old friends, on some idea that perhaps it would be possible to do so. But I realize that most of them think I am supporter or terrorists, based on what they see on the news. They are told constantly that people like me are the worst threat to the Republic. How I wish we could break that spell. Maybe it will happen soon. All I can do is pray for it.

That seems to be the bottom line. For various reasons, God has reduced me to complete reliance on Him, and upon Him alone, at this moment. I have the mercy of having Ginger, without whom I would feel very alone at this moment. 

So I pray, not incessantly as the Apostle Paul tells us, but I almost getting there.

No comments: