Friday, July 23, 2021

Almost Biblical

 Today it rained all day. It was glorious, cool. The temperature stayed in the seventies. I sat out on the porch and listened to the storms come through. I would wish it keep raining, forty days and forty nights, if possible.

I am wearied of so much lately.  The news feels stuck in the same gear--approaching some climax and muddling through at the same time. I no longer know what to believe. Even our own side spreads disinformation, as a deception of wartime. 

No one has any idea of what timetables thing will play out on. Days? Weeks? Months? Years? All predictions fail, except the ones that don't.

Trends are easy to spot. We will locked down completely again. Only the recipients of the "vacation" (the new word used by Youtubers to avoid censorship) will be allowed out, but even they will need face cloths. New variants will emerge routinely. We will spend years this way, until we are all broken. 

Or not. Something will happen. Something dramatic. It will all come out. Or it won't.

All of this happen, or not, without my input, or my consent. 

Rain. Keep raining. Wash away my thoughts and cares. Calm my mind.

No comments: