Saturday, July 24, 2021

Preparing for the Harsh Times Ahead

One of my favorite people to follow on Telegram is Roosh Valizadeh, an Orthodox Christian convert who turned his back on a life of sin and degeneracy to devote himself to God

He recently posted this:

 I don't approve banning the unvaccinated from public spaces, but so far they are doing so with venues that most devout Christians don't visit: bars, pubs, concerts, theaters. That suggests they've determined it's the "sinful" activities that people are most attached to, and they will use those venues first and foremost to entice vaccination. Of course they won't stop with those venues, and will eventually broaden to all essential venues of commerce including supermarkets, but it's clear that people who are "of the world" will be hit hardest when it comes to the desire to participate in society like "normal." I'm striving to give up everything of this world in obedience to Christ, and to suffer as He suffered... even telling me I won't be able to eat should not (hopefully) send me into the arms of the atheist doctors to get the c---s shot. With trepidation, and only a tinge of doubt due to my innate human weakness, I state that I'm ready for things to get extra hard, though I rather them not, since life in this fallen state is already hard. I know God is with me.

Roosh has been highly influential in my thinking about the types of persecutions that Christians are going to face in the coming days, especially in regard to resistance to the arm jab, and the right attitude to take in facing this challenges.

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I sense that we have just passed the watershed moment, when patience has run out for those of us who won't go along with the gentle urging. The tactics will switch from the use of the carrot to the use of the stick.  

Reading Roosh helps fortify me for the days ahead. The world will be shut down to us, at what timetable I cannot tell but I am thinking by this winter the harsh restrictions will arrive. It will be welcomed with a sense of vindictiveness and punishment against us.  Those people who already hate us will revel in the misery they believe they are going to put us through. 

Ha, ha, look at us, dining in restaurants while you awful people peer through the window like homeless waifs

The previous sentence is almost word-for-word quoted from an old friend of mine on Twitter, one whom I have spent many wonderful hours with over the years. He is not only an outspoken atheist, but he is virulently intolerant of any expressions of religious faith in his presence. Yet I love him like a brother and pray for him regularly.

Social media will be filled with posts such as this one by my friend. Expressing mercy or sympathy for us will be forbidden, a sign of betrayal to the cause. I pity all of them, in their rage that is only satisfied by wishing misery on others, exactly as one would expect from demonic torment. 

To me this is a wonderful chance to put my faith in God, and to turn my back on the things of this world. Certainly it will not be easy when the grocery stores start forbidding us entry. But as Roosh says, God will provide a way for us to eat.  Almost everything else I can do without.

No comments: