Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Swarming Antics of the Hillbullies

Chances are that if you're a liberal, and a Hillary supporter, you've never experienced anything close to what I am about to describe.

Imagine going on Facebook right now, and in the midst of your friends' feeds so that everyone can see you, you make a wall post declaring that you have changed your mind and are voting for Donald Trump instead of the criminal Hillary. Imagine you expressed yourself earnestly, perhaps over several posts, so that they could tell it wasn't a joke but a real change of heart and mindset on your part.

Imagine what would happen. How do think your friends would respond? Would they respond with understanding? Puzzlement, perhaps?

More likely, once they recognized you were actual dealing it straight, you would experience something nearly every non-Leftist or Trump supporter has experienced, who has ever spoken up on Facebook defending an opinion which is against Leftist Dogma. You would face a Wall of Hate.

Although some of your closest allies might give you a pass, and look the other way, you would find that most of the people whom you once considered friendly acquaintances, even friends, would suddenly treat you like scum, and hurl upon you the most viscous insults.

It is often said that hate is prevalent on the Internet because people can hide behind anonymity, but you would soon find out that this is a lie, that many people who have known you for decades, who have shared childhood memories with you, and who have never said an unkind word to you, would all of sudden start acting like bloody-fanged zombies scrambling for a piece of your skull. They would be outdoing each other to see who could exhibit the most hate for you.

I've had this happen to me, when I dared criticize the untouchable Obama. Among the broadsides was a soft spoken, mild-mannered guy who was on the high school newspaper with me, who runs a small business in my hometown, whom I had visited at his work a couple years back, and conversed with a friendly way.  Suddenly he was hurling the vilest comments at me. It was as if a switch were flipped and he became a different person.


In this case, I didn't waste any time. I deleted his comment and unfriended him immediately. I don't ever plan on speaking to him again. If I ever see him on the street of my hometown, I will nod pleasantly and walk onward. No loss to me.

But he wasn't the only one who came at me. The haters will come in waves to assault you. Once you dispatch one, another will arise with even more viscous insults. Along these lines, one big takeaway I had from the experience was the way the Leftist Bully Squad uses swarming as a tactic on Facebook to attack their opponents. That is, when one sees your thought crime posted, they will attack you and call explicitly on others in their Hate Posse to come attack you as well. There was something downright demonic in their dark energy of tag-team hate. They reminded me of zombies calling other diseased souls to their feast.

The experience last year was very eye-opening and stressful, but I'm glad it happened, actually. It radically changed my view not only of the particular individuals involved, but of my entire high school class. Once upon a time, in my idealistic and romantic youth, I saw us all as a quaint and harmonious version of Our Town, a play in which I met some of the very people involved in the incident, way back in the Fall of 1980.

They were sweet innocent kids back then. Now they are nasty adults, a clique of bullies looking for their next target. I see my high school and many of my former classmates as small-minded sad souls, feeding off each others' ignorance and hate, all the while pretending to be intelligent, kind, cosmopolitan, and fair. The revelation made it very easy to leave my hometown behind at last. In that way it was quite a gift. I don't miss any of that, or any of them, at all anymore. I'll never go back. They are dead to me, like zombies.

I recently peeked in on the Facebook wall of a high school friend who is still on my friend list, and with whom I would like to maintain a cordial friendship. He's a liberal, but he is fair minded in many ways, so I know I could talk to him (so rare). But in a political thread, many of the comments were from the same zombie posse that had attacked me. They were squirming and writhing about the election, attacking a lone dissenter, and of course they were all voting for Hillary, their Zombie Queen.

Like I said, if you're a Lefty, you've surely never experienced this zombie swarm on Facebook. When you post your opinions, you get applause, and encouragement.If anyone challenges you, it will a lone dissenter, and many of your friends will come to your aid. Got to stick together against the haters, right?

No comments: