Monday, January 30, 2017

They Need to Start Killing Someone



"White people, give your fucking money, your fucking house, your fucking property. We need it fucking all..." 

(It's interesting to imagine her saying all this in the video with a loaded gun. That's probably coming soon.)

What days we are living in. Last night Red was kidding me about how I had planned to scale back my attention to news ("the Twitter", as she calls it) now that Trump was in office. But that was way back in the ancient era when, as Paul Joseph Watson pointed out, we were all expecting to be holding Trump's feet to the fire to get him to follow through on his campaign promises.

How can one not be glued to the Twitter feed? When Red accused me of being "addicted," I pleaded guilty. The closest thing I've experienced to this in the past, I told her, was the old days in Europe before the Internet, when all the news came through the International Herald Tribune. In the Greek Isles, as late as 1999, it was such a delight to walk to the sundry store and find a new copy on the metal rack. A small purchase was worth an entire afternoon, evening, and next morning sitting on bed pouring over every little article, down to the smallest one-column-inch display ads.

What a strange world we lived in, when it possible to actually disconnect.

No comments: