Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Age of Irony Crashing and Burning

One of the best articles I have read recently by the younger generation, in this case by David Ernst. 

[Postmodernism] operates according to just one moral imperative: discredit anything that other people presume to stand for goodness, because the belief that anything is superior to anything else inevitably results in prejudice, interpersonal strife, and inequality.

So many in that cohort just get it. Amazing to think that just three years ago in 2014 I was introducing a conservative friend of mine (who went to high school with me) to the new concept of "triggering" that I had discovered on Tumblr. I informed him to his surprise that he was a "shitlord" just because he was a white male.

What a revolution we have had, so quickly. 

No comments: