Sunday, January 22, 2017

License to Punch

Finally I can write about current events again coherently. It has been difficult since the election. Things have been moving so fast. When I write, I always try to encapsulate my thoughts about where I think things are going, in a way that is beyond the headlines. Who wants to echo the same boring stuff? So I try to see beyond that. But that has been difficult.

But perhaps things are starting to gel a bit, as far as the trends, and it becomes easier to formulate a coherent analysis.

We had the inauguration, then the Women's March. In regard to the former, Trump's speech was pretty much everything his supporters could have hoped for, and more. I didn't hear a smidgen of disappointment from any of them.

In regard to the latter---yesterday's march, as well as the events surrounding the inauguration, it becomes clear what the biggest trend I see right now, which is the open embrace of the violence by the Left.

This was clearly the trend during the election. The Left manufactured fake tales of harassment by Trump supporters, while ignoring the open violence that their own side committed. At the time, it struck me as a matter of willfully looking the other way.

But that has changed. Surveying across social media, it appears that a very common opinion that has formed among Leftists is along the lines of "I used to think that violence didn't solve anything, but lately I am starting to reconsider..."

We are heading into very interesting times.

No comments: