Friday, April 23, 2021

Wal-Mart Online Debacle Follow-up

 Follow up to my previous post about buying a new television at Wal-Mart's web site and then picking it up at the local store, only to see the Wal-Mart employee almost hand the set to someone else in the parking lot (and never checking my receipt).

Ginger said she just saw a post on NextDoor (a site I have never used) of someone else in our neighborhood who did exactly this and who, upon arriving at the store, was told the set was already picked up by someone else. They were given the runaround and told at first there was nothing that could be done. Maybe they will eventually get their money back. The employee who gave out the set could not even be identified or found.

So that settles that. A multi-billion dollar corporation can't handle the simple act of checking receipts for online orders. 

I feel lucky that I actually got my set. 

No comments: