Friday, May 10, 2013

Missed Call in Loveland

I left Del Camino in the afternoon and drove as far north as Loveland, where I decided to splurge for a Hampton Inn for my last night before getting back to Fort Collins.

I would up regretting it. The walls of the room were paper thin. While trying to sleep I could hear the television in the next room. It was abaurd. This almost never happens---hearing the television from another room, even at a Motel 6. Yet there I was paying a hundred and forty bucks a night to be kept awake.

I should have followed the inner voice when I booked the motel, and stayed at the Best Western just across the road, at the southwest corner of U.S. 34 and I-25. It was out at that interchange before anything else was built, before it became the hub of this part of northern Colorado. I should know...

No comments: