Friday, May 10, 2013

Heaven is a Place outside Longmont

After Boulder, I went over to Thornton to visit my younger sister and her family. It was splendid visit, probably my last there, since they are in the process of moving house.

Then I went up to Fort Collins, taking three days to get there. The first day was a huge late April snowstorm. I drove as far as the interchange for highway 119 outside Longmont. Back in the 1970s it was a truckstop area called Del Camino.

It's even more thriving now---half a dozen budget motels, plus a Waffle House, Starbucks, fast food, and many gas stations. I stayed the night at one of the budget motels while the spring snow piled on my car. The next morning I hunkered down in the Starbucks to work while the snow kept coming down.

I decided I could probably live at Del Camino.

No comments: