Friday, May 10, 2013

A Long Time Away from the Fort

When I got back to Fort Collins, it had been almost exactly a year to day since I left heading for Austin, for my advisor's retirement dinner. I had been back to Fort Collins for a week in August before heading for Burning Man, but it felt like I'd been away a long time this time.

There was even new construction on a complex bus-system project through the middle of town, one that had been on the drawing board for years. Stations were constructed along the right-of-way near my parents house.

Work crews were putting a tunnel under the railroad tracks for pedestrians and bicycles. Finally the war between the residents and the railroad could come to end. No more guerilla cutting of the fence to cut through it, and then having the railroad crews patch it up.

No comments: