Friday, August 14, 2009

Campfest 2009---the official itinerary

So here's the mini film festival itinerary I wound up scraping together while I was camped at Sebago Lake:

The Ugly Truth --- evening of first night, at the Windham Five Star Cinema in North Windham, Maine. This is a lowkey multiplex in a lowkey shopping center in the Lakes Region that I saw as I was driving to set up camp. I backtracked that evening for the first showing of the festival.

My Sister's Keeper --- early afternoon of the second day, at the ultramodern Cinemagic in Saco, Maine. I made a special trip to Saco just to see this while it was still playing.

Moon --- late afternoon of the second day, at the Nickelodeon in downtown Portland. This is a nice urban multiplex in the tourist shopping part of Portland down by the old waterfront. It shows a mixture of current releases and arthouse films. The auditorium was tiny was comfortable.

Funny People --- evening of the second, at the Bridgton Twin Drive-in, in the town of Bridgton, about fifteen miles north of the state park. I had noticed the area around Portland had lots of drive-ins, and the woman who checked me into the park had mentioned this one as a place people go while camping there, so I figured I had to throw this in.

Now let me go through the movies one by one, to give my reactions and comments.

No comments: