Wednesday, May 10, 2023

In Which I Faceplant

 Tonight I did my second-in-a-row solo broadcast on Spellbreakers. Patrick wanetd me to do it completely by myself, setting up the broadcast in Streamyard and initiating it. Not only did I mess that up, so that the show started five minutes later, running without intro music, but I got lost during my own slides. 

Fortunately not many were watching, as Trump was on CNN and Badlands had its own coverage of it running opposite my show, so that regular viewers of Badlands were probably watching one or the other of these. I actually hope few people watch the rebroadcast.

My problem was that I got bored by my own subject material on the air, and I lost my confidence that I was providing any useful information or insights to the audience, whom I felt pain for, listening to me struggle to get to my point.

By the end, I realized what I should have been talking about all along during the broadcast, which is where I hope to pick up next week. Everybody bombs on stage. It's part of the process. Lucky me.

No comments: