Sunday, September 22, 2013

I Heart Willamette

Went to my college reunion over the weekend. It was a two-day event. On Friday night there was a get-together in SW Portland, and then an all-day event in Salem on Saturday, as part of alumni weekend. The Class of '88 name tags had extra ribbons, for the Twenty-Fifth anniversary. There were 104 of us who had signed up.

I stayed Friday night at the Travelodge on SW 4th, just so I could walk down to the get-together, which was at a bar on River Street. On Saturday morning I drove down to Salem and spent the night at the Shilo Inn on Market Street out by I-5.

It was tremendous fun. I got to see some cherished old friends, and got to know a few people for the first time.

This morning after checkout I drove back to Portland on the back roads along the river, north out of downtown Salem all the way to the Interstate bridge at Wilsonville, the last part in a glorious September rainstorm.

No comments: