Tuesday, June 11, 2013

In Which I Enter the Grand Lodge

Had a fantastic time tonight with a woman I met on OKCupid just this afternoon. Two hours after saying hello (and having her almost block me because she construed my initial message as a crude come on) we were having drinks together in the "Doctor's Office," the bar in the basement of the of the McMenamin's Grand Lodge in Forest Grove, which at one time was a Masonic Hospital and Care Home, before becoming a hotel and bar.

It was her suggestion. She actually grew up in town (partially) and went to Pacific University---a vocal music major, the kind of girl I used to fall for at Willamette. I told her that at one point in the evening when we were joking around.

I made her give an extensive tour of the grounds. She mentioned the places where the ghosts supposedly hung out. After all her stories, I was surprised we didn't run into one of our own. Maybe next time.

Over drinks, I particularly enjoyed hearing about how her comical experiences messaging other men on OKCupid. I told her that all of them are losers. I'm the awesome stud. She told me I was narcissistic.  I think we hit it off well. "Oh, yeah, we'll see each other again..." she told me, as she drove off back to Hillsboro, to make dinner for her teenage kids.

No comments: