Sunday, June 9, 2013

In a Pleading Voice Ten Floors Over Broadway

When the semi-naked crowd outside the Heathman (they were in front of the Portland Theater, actually) finally died down, I decided I'd been amused enough for the evening, so I shut the window and went to bed, snug in Room 1010.

About 1:30 in the morning I was awakened by a sound in the night, a clear feminine voice, a young woman, soft at first then growing louder. It was as if she was pleading for mercy, begging for her life. But the word she was asying "Yes, Yes, Yes, Oh Yes."

It was so clear in the otherwise silence as to be in my own room. There was no other sound but her voice.

"Damn thin walls at these places," I muttered.

The woman's begging for mercy got even louder. In the next couple minutes she went through about five different phrases, starting with "You're so deep in me, baby" a dozen or so times, then "harder,deeper" and various other phrases that would have seemed innocent in another contxt.

When she began to approach climax, and urged her otherwise silent lover to "make me come again, baby, make me come again." It was then that I could hear the slapping sound of hand on a bare flesh, a behind or thigh, like a jockey riding the horse to the finish line. She msut have come in silence, because the sound tapered off without any grand explosion of noise.

It had lasted about ten minutes. Then the couple began to chat in bed. I heard the young man for the first time. His voice was high and boyish. They sounded to be in their early Twenties. Another young man came into the room, also with a high boyish voice, and for the next hour or two they had a loud animated coverstation with each other. The young woman had a piercing laugh that woke me up, even as the other voices had quieted to a lull.

I finally succumbed and put in the free ear plugs that the hotel provided. I dozed half awake until all the noise was gone. Then I pulled out the ear plugs just in time to hear the young woman reprise her earlier performance, albeit for a shorter and much less intense session. Finally all was quiet and we all fell asleep.

In the morning room service brought my breakfast, and while I drank coffee I found myself curious who the young couple were, even as I realized it best to avoid seeing them altogether, for purity of the experience.

Just before eleven I checked out and went down to the lobby. I hadn't heard anyone leave the suite, or even stir. They had been very quiet if they had left.

In the lobby I waited only a few minutes to see a desk clerk and settle my bill. Next to me was a young couple in their early Twenties. The young man, white, had a thin neck and boyish look ayishnd boyish voice The young woman, Asian, looked far more solid---slightly chunky but full-figured with a nice body presence, and a sensual look in her eyes. At least that's how it looked to me, when after turning in my card key, I turned and she was standing there, and our eyes met for just a moment.




No comments: