Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nutritional Upgrades

My new regimen:

1. Beyond Tangy Tangerine, 2 scoops daily. The directions suggested four scoops daily for my body weight, but I decided to halfsy on that for now, because this stuff costs fifty bucks a jar, and I wanted the first jar to last a whole month, rather than fifteen days before reordering. I'm very pleased with the results. Among other things, it's like coffee for me---I never forget to take it. My body seems to like it a lot. I'm getting down to the end of the first jar now and need to reorder, which I'm going to do without delay. I'm also getting a jar for my dad, after telling him about it.

2. Powdered Whey, two scoops daily with milk as chocolate-flavored shakes. I bought some off the shelf from Whole Foods for about fifteen bucks for a large jar. I have one shake for breakfast, another for lunch. It has pretty much replaced all the sugary crap I used to eat, including Starbucks Frappucinos, which I don't miss at all. Very pleased so far.

3. Omega-3,-6,-9 gel tablets. I take three of these a day, one with each meal, for "essential fatty acids."

4. Magnesium chelate tablets, three per day. I bought these for my tendonitis. They seem to have really helped. It really makes me think that the off-the-shelf fruits and vegetables we are eating are truly stripped of basic nutrients.

To say that I feel like a new man, and that I feel in the best shape of my life, why only exercising mildly, is just for starters. Among other things, my mood has great improved, even in the midst of things that would otherwise cause me grief and sorry (including the state of the country and the world).

I don't weigh myself, but from my beltline it's obvious that I've already lost a few pounds (all the while gorging on chocolate over Christmas). It has definitely cut down on my sweettooth cravings in a huge way, and I no longer seem to be prone to overeating (both lifelong problems for me). The key point is that this has taken zero willpower on my part. I has just "happened" somewhat like magic.

One final bonus I noticed today while looking in the mirror is that the chronic rosacea on my nose seems actually be subsiding. My ex-wife was concerned about this years ago---my nose was always beat red and broken out in small lesions. I had given up that anything would ever change it, but today, in my mirror, my nose actually seemed more brown than red for the first time in living memory.

Of course I know that none of this is scientific at all, but I'm not out to prove anything, just to feel better---and that seems to be happening.



No comments: