Thursday, January 12, 2012

My favorite thing in the world

This is what my bed looked like this morning in Westminster shortly after I got up--full of stuffed animals. They weren't there in the guest room the night before when I went to sleep. Instead they were piled on me as I slept (or rather as I pretended to still be asleep) around six thirty in the morning.

My nieces love to do this to me---pile their "aminals" on me while I'm in bed. They started it when I was staying with them back in Massachusetts in 2008-2009.

On the first night of my visit this time, they told me to make sure to stay in bed so they could do this. But I got out of bed anyway, thinking they had forgot. But they hadn't forgotten. Instead when they saw me, they made me get back in bed and pretend to be asleep with my eyes closed. I can hear them sneaking up to my bed with the animals. Maura giggles while Sarah whispers directions to her: "put those ones over there by his head."

This morning I made sure to stay in bed until they were finished. Then I pretended to awake with a giant roar, flinging all the animals off the bed and sending my nieces running out of the room in delight.

Did I mention this is my favorite thing in the world?


No comments: