Tuesday, January 17, 2012

3000 feet above Boulder

I didn't mean to do it---to take my first ever real video using my cellphone. But that's exactly what happened, when I standing on the very top of Bear Mountain on Saturday with the /r/coloradohikers group from reddit. I was actually trying to take a picture, but somehow, with the clumsiness of my thick gloves, I wound up hitting the video button instead.

Actually I took above three short videos. I was not aware of it until I was looking at the photos last night with my nieces.

Today I decided to take the plunge and join the modern video era---I decided to upload my first video to Youtube. It was suprisingly easy. It was so easy that I'm ashamed I was intimidated about it.

So here's the first one, a mere eight seconds of footage from the top of Bear Mountain, looking down on the city of Boulder. Keep in mind that I didn't think I was taking a video at the time. Also that's me huffing and puffing after four hours of hiking to the top.


Here's a second one, a bit shorter but with a few of fellow hikers in the shot. As you can tell, I'm got a long ways to go to be a decent videographer.

No comments: