Thursday, January 12, 2023

Quack Back


Second week. Second episode on Badlands Media. Six Badlands shows made the top fifty shows on the Rumble leaderboard yesterday, and I think our show was one of them. 

I didn't know what our show we be about. Patrick is leaving that up to me. Earlier in the day I heard his with J.B. White, where J.B. began asking Patrick about his theories on transmissible disease. They were talking about cancer. I picked up that thread and talked about my "amateur" knowledge of cancer gained from research I did in the past, punctuated by my personal experience with my father during his last days. 

We spoke at length about Royal Rife, who asserted  in the 1930s he had cured cancer using a radio frequency generating device. I discussed how the microscope that Rife supposedly invented violated the laws of classical physics, at least at first glance, but that I was very much open to the idea that he had figured out a clever way to circumvent what would essentially a fundamental principle of optics. 

We will no doubt come back to this topic. Next week probably something more fun. I knew we would do a cancer episode at one point, and now we have gotten it out of the way. It was a good contrast to the first week, where I was the "physics expert." In this case, Patrick and I were on equal footing as amateurs.

I mentioned to Patrick something I had explored a couple years ago on this blog, namely my fantasy of developing a Netflix series based on the life of Dr. Rife, one that leaves it up to the viewer to make the judgment about his work, in microscopy, microbiology, and cancer treatment. 

"I would call it Quack," I said. You have to own it. You have to lean into it. 

Next week, maybe we talk about movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

apropos of nothing: see The High Mountains of Portugal by the Life of Pi