Thursday, January 5, 2023

Just Yesterday Morning

 Everything feels like a big swirling chaos in the world all of a sudden. We were watching the football game on Monday Night when we saw the live incident of the player who collapsed and died on the field from cardiac arrest, and had to be resuscitated. It was as if the world was waiting for something like this to set up a fire storm.

The next day, yesterday, I woke up and saw that I had email. I recognized the name as the wife of one of my college friends from Oregon. I had met her ten years ago when I stayed with them outside Reno, during my time of wandering, and had kept up with them over the years.

She was writing me to deliver bad news. My friend, whom I have known since 1985, had taken his own life the previous summer. She apologized for not having notified me, which I found poignant. These are the things one finds out from Christmas cards. 

No comments: