Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Rebounding Like a Guru

This morning I started my day as I like to lately, by going out on the patio to engage in a little rebounding.

I do this using the QiBounder that I purchased last fall over the web. The QiBounder, which bills itself as the "Rolls Royce" of rebounders, is manufactured by a German company and costs about twice as much as standard rebounders. It took about six weeks to arrive in the mail after I ordered it.

I chose that brand because it is the kind that Tony Robbins, the self-help guru, uses. We saw him using a rebounder in his Netflix documentary I am Not Your Guru. I said, "If it's good enough for Tony, it's good enough for me."

Rebounding was new to me, but Red was already a fan, so she was excited when it came, and has used  it much more than I have. Lately, now the frigid nights have passed here in Arizona, I've tried to make a habit of doing it first thing in the morning, usually right after I put on the water for coffee. People do lots of intricate motions while QiBounding, but I usually just bounce up and down on my feet while looking out over the hills towards Red Mountain in the morning sun.

I get in a little bouncing before the water is hot for coffee. It really gets the blood (and lymph) flowing, and makes me want to get the day underway. Then I sit down and write my blog. At least that's what I did today.


No comments: