Friday, March 21, 2014

Full Moon Over the Emeryville Railyards

Thursday, not surprisingly, was a bit slower than normal. A blessing came in the form of having a bunch of work to do, which gave me an excuse to stay in my hotel room all day, while drinking multiple Vitamin C packets.

Friday I was back to my old self. In the daytime I poked around downtown a bit, found a comfy Starbucks next to the Federal Building, and whiled away the time until Red texted me that she was in San Francisco again. I told her to take the BART over to 12th Street. It was fun to see her reaction to Oakland as she came up out of the escalator and we walked around downtown. Such a contrast from the City.


Then we caught the AC Transit bus up to Emeryville, a shining perfect yuppie nesting ground,  much of it vintage 1990's lifestyle center, tantalizingly within sight of San Francisco across the bay. We knew we were home when we saw the P.F. Chang's.

We checked into the Hyatt House. They gave us a nice upper floor room overlooking the Amtrak Station on the other side of the tracks. Good memories of that place.

Around six I called down to the front desk for a cab, which we waited for in the lobby at a quarter to seven.

The week was over. Finally it was time to relax.

No comments: