Sunday, December 18, 2011

You Gotta Believe

Sunday evening's fun activities with my nieces culminated in a game of "drawing," with Sarah pretending to be a teacher leading Maura and I in making a drawing. It starts with "Put your name on the top of the page...and the date..." And then we have imitate everything she puts on the page, using the same color markers from the plastic tub. She handed them to me as she finished, so I could copy what she just did.

At one point she used a brown marker to color in an entire section she had already drawn. She made it dark and thick on the page. When it was my turn, I asked, "Is it ok if I do it lightly?" I asked. "I don't want to dry out the Magic Marker."

"It's not MAGIC, Uncle Matt!," said Maura, completely amused at my comment.

Generation gap, I guess.

No comments: