Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Transylmania

Seen at: Carmike 10 at 7:45 p.m on Dec. 10.

You can tell a vampire spoof is a going to be a bomb when it doesn't even get released during Halloween, but during the lull of pre-Christmas. Actually this is a really a "stupid college" movie masquerading as horror satire.

Whatever. I saw in the listing that it was leaving the Carmike after only a week, and thus I scrambled to see the early evening showing on it's last day there. As I announced the name of the movie to the ticket booth attendant, I added "because someone has to see it."

It lived up completely to my expectations. Perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad, but the first ten minutes were chock full of disgusting references to bodily fluids. It never really recovers from that.

There were a few moments when I laughed, mostly because it was sto stupid. But I was by myself in the theater, and I wound up doing my usual routine of counting the seats and even banging my head against the padding of the auditorium wall. Not the first time I've done that in Auditorium 9 in the corner of the Carmike, but I really hate when it gets that far.

Verdict: disgusting college comedy that no one could possibly love

No comments: