Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dave Matthews: Larger than Life in 3D

Seen at: Carmike 10 in Ft. Collins at 10:00 p.m on Dec. 16.

One of the reasons I was looking forward to this was that before I walked in, I knew absolutely nothing about the Dave Matthews Band, except for one song.

I enjoyed the set-up to the movie, which gives one the feeling of actually going to a concert (in 3-D) complete down to the multiple repeated announcements about having your bags ready to be searched (I get it---we live in a police state with no rights. All right, already! This is why I don't go to concert events, so I can avoid this totalitarian crap).

The opening acts were interesting and fun. I was surprised, however, that the main act was not shot in the same locations as the first two acts, which sort of destroyed the feeling of going to a 3-D concert event.

At the end, I can't say I'm a fan of Dave Matthews, but I certainly became a fan of a 3-D concert movies.

Verdict: for a fifteen-buck special event, I guess it was worth it.

No comments: