Thursday, November 26, 2009

Coco Before Channel

Seen at: Lyric Cinema Cafe at 2:25 p.m. at Thu. Nov. 12

You'd think I would have seen this last summer in France, when it was showing at the multiplex in Claira. Instead I decided to wait and see it with subtitles. I'm glad I did. It wasn't mind-blowing, but it was an interesting story about an interesting character/person. At the end, I felt like I understood Chanel more. It was the kind of movie that made me wish that there were many, many more historical biopics. We could have a hundred more a year, as far as I'm concerned. Whenever you are tempted to think that there are no more good stories for movies, just remember the inexhaustible supply of interesting historical personages, about whom the public knows very little.

Verdict: nice historical biopic worth seeing.

No comments: