Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Movies I Won't Be Seeing (For Now)

Although I often say that I make an effort to see every movie released in theaters in America, this really isn't completely accurate. There are indeed releases that I pass on.

The movies I tend to skip are the ones in the realm of extreme sadistic horror. Last year, for example, I skipped Saw V, partly because I hadn't seen the first four installments, but also because of the genre. Since I haven't yet seen the Saw movies, it goes without saying that I'm skipping Saw VI for now at least. Perhaps someday I'll get around to seeing them, but extreme horror is a ground that my good friend Thor covers very well, so I don't feel pressed to do this.

Likewise I'm skipping Halloween II for now, but mostly because I never saw the any of the other Halloween movies, except the very first one. If I had seen them, I'd probably see this in the theater.

Finally (no pun intended), I skipped the latest Final Destination movie. Thor has seen all of these, so I'll defer to him. Also it came out while I was on my road trip, and I just didn't feel like filling my head with these kinds of images.

No comments: