Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Speaking of Europe...

So here I am. I finally got wireless working with this Asus Eee PC. It's not that it was malfunctioning, but rather that I hadn't tried to use it until I got to this hotel in Coimbra.

After a too-short red-eye, I cleared passport control in Dublin, fulfilling a long-time insane ambition to carry on the entire conversation (at least my part of it) in Irish Gaelic. A couple hours later, woozy from lack of sleep, I was on my connecting flight, and a few hours later I was landing in Lisbon.

I've been here in Portugal for a week now. After four nights staying in hostels in Lisbon, I headed up to Fatima, then Tomar, and am now in Coimbra, where I have wireless here in the Hotel Oslo. As I type this, I am lazily recovering in my room from a day exploring the Roman ruins at Coninbriga.

I've had the chance to see a movie already, and hopefully will post about it later today. Also I'm already chafing at the bit because I'm falling behind the movie releases back home. It turns out that Up isn't opening in Europe until September (!). Yesterday I was reading a blog post about how this simply encourages piracy.

Tomorrow I'm leaving here for Porto, where I may see another movie, at the AMC there!

1 comment:

Dervish said...

I'm looking forward to reading the European version of your reviews.