Sunday, July 17, 2022

Euro 22: Joining the Morning Parade of Music Students

 In the morning I rose early enough to make the walk all the way down to the river, and crossing the bridge, picked my way through the old city to find the building housing the conference, at the Czech Technical University. Not using my phone map, I walked past it several blocks on the first try, because I had plenty of time, and I wanted to see some of the old city at that hour of the day. As such I found myself going twice past the Rudolfinum, which is the National conservatory of music and philharmonic. During the rest of my stay in Prague, when I took the Metro directly down to the old city, instead of walking, I would come out of the underground next to the Rudolfinum, and would usually walk to the conference while passing through the old entrance along the side of the great music hall. Coming up out of the Metro on the escalators I was not infrequently accompanied by the morning commute of music students toting their instruments of various sizes, brining them up out of the Metro to the daylight on the same escalator alongside me. It made for a joyous morning commute.

No comments: