Sunday, July 17, 2022

Euro 22: Home in Prague, City of Mozart

 June 5 : Train to Geneva Airport by myself then checking bag and clearing security, then waiting while EasyJet flight to Prague was delayed.  Lousy food in the terminal. Girl across from me in the lounge had a Mozart score and was reading while waving her fingers as if learning it for an instrument.  Had been apprehensive about transportation between Prague Airport and downtown flat at late hour of evening, but found my fears foolish after landing, and let by myself be swept with the flow, buying a ticket and boarding the bus that took me to the end of the Metro line in the usburbs, then catching the train inward to the city center, disembarking with backpack at Hradcaska Metro station, which comes up out of the ground in big plastic tube-like structures. I'd rehearsed the streets in my mind. Two blocks down, and turn the corner. Number 4. I found the keypad and followed the instructions I'd memorized. Indoors an automaatic light came on. A pre-war walk-up flat, classic style. I was home.

No comments: