Friday, August 16, 2013

Happy Hour Food Fetish on Clinton Street

"Extroverts depend on introverts," she said.

"Extroverts are people persons, to be sure, but they derive their energy from other people, especially introverts. They depend on us to feed energy them. They need that kind of thing."

"If you get quiet, they don't understand why. They ask what's wrong? It's very hard for them to understand us."

I looked down at the dishes in front of us, that our server had just brought us. They were sitting in front of us perfect like a magazine spread, next to our drinks, lit by the early evening sun from the front window of the restaurant.

"That reminds me of something I have to do," I said.

I got out my smartphone, held it up, and took a picture of the food dishes on the table.

Then I went back to the smartphone screen and used the Swype keys to send a text message.

"I just sent Okki a picture of the food," I told Red, after I was done sending the message.

"The message was: Swedish Meatballs and Aebleskiver in Portland!!!"

I made sure to pronounce all three exclamation points.

A few minutes later, I got a reply: "Nice! And with Lingonberries, freeze it up and bring to BM!"

No comments: