Friday, January 1, 2010

The Fantastic Mr. Fox

Seen at: Cinema Saver 6, in Fort Collins, at 2:15 p.m. on Dec. 31.

Smitty likes the Cinema Saver 6. We'd had so much at Sherlock Holmes that we decided to sneak in another movie before end of the year.

We decided to see Fantastic Mr. Fox. I'd heard good things, but didn't know what I'd think of it.

During the first fifteen minutes, it was so uncanny, that I didn't know if I was going to like it very much.

But all that passed, and gave way to sheer admiration and appreciation of this movie.

Definitely one of the best movies of the year. A triumph of cinematic pupetry. Clooney (and Streep) threw me for a minute as voice actors, but they won me over.

I was not really a Wes Anderson fan before this, but I am now. In my opinion, it is by far his finest work that I've seen.

What a way to end the Aughties! Full of fun and life!

No comments: