Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Goodbye, Leominster

After a week back in Massachusetts, it was time to start packing up for my big road trip. My sister had succeeded in selling her house while I was in Europe, and they were already boxing up their possessions when I got back. Although I had a much easier task, consisting mostly of getting my car in shape with a brake job and a new windshield, it still felt like a lot of tiresome work.

I knew I was going to miss New England, and most especially the movie theaters that had come to be my second home(s). Most of all I was going to miss the Entertainment Cinemas in Leominster. When I walked out of I Love You, Beth Cooper, I turned around a snapped a photograph to commemorate the many hours I had spent there during the last nine months, both in extreme cold and extreme heat.

In a few days it would be time to take to the road again, once again by car. It wasn't going to be a long trip, back west across the country, with a rather open schedule and destination. All I had in mind was to visit some of my friends on the East Coast before heading towards the other time zones, and eventually to California.

Other than, my goal was, as always, to see as many movies in as many different places as possible. Somethings are constant.

No comments: