Friday, November 28, 2008

The Ticket Collector

When it came to choosing a title for my blog, "The Ticket Collector" was the only one that came to mind. The title refers to my habit of holding on to the many diverse stubs from the movies I have seen. Up until now, it was one of the ways I have recorded my perigrinations and my visits to the cinema, two things which go together in my mind. That is, I like seeing movies in the theater, but I especially like travelling around seeing lots of different movies in as many different theaters as possible. That means my collection of ticket stubs is very diverse, with different colors and typefaces. I get annoyed when a theater doesn't give me a stub. One time in Fort Collins a teenager ticket-taker mangled the ticket as he tore, deliberately as if in some cynical manner of showing his contempt for his job. I stopped and chewed him out for it. I almost never chew anyone out, but that was an exception.

No comments: