Saturday, August 24, 2024

Coping With Victory

 I spent three hours this morning on X, formerly Twitter, both reading posts and making ones of my own. Never has it been so much fun. It reminds me, in some vague way, of what it was like to be a child, and to voraciously gobble up the news from the newspapers and television, because I wanted to know as much as possible about the world out there. It also reminds me of being in New York City back in the 1990s, and walking amidst the crowds pouring out of the ferry terminal in the Battery, the warm bath anonymity, that one is a small nobody, but that's ok because everyone is on the same level of nobody-ness. 

Except we aren't a nobody to God. That's the piece of the puzzle I have now, that I didn't back then.

In any case, it is great fun rejoicing in the impending massive victory of our side. I pray our great victory will be put to good use.

No comments: