Sunday, June 18, 2023

War and Rumors of War

 As I write this, in the third week of June 2023, I can say that this is perhaps the most tense time in my lifetime, as far as the public mood. 

Rumors of war and chaos swirl. 

Would there be anyone who be terribly shocked if, by the end of the summer:

1. the U.S. were in an open hot conflict with China or Russia, or both?

2. the U.S. dollar collapsed after the majority of the world's population goes off the dollar trading standard (which is about to happen)?

3. the U.S. experienced hyperinflation?

4. the stock market collapsed?

5. the real estate market--both commercial and residential-- market collapsed?

6. unemployment skyrocketed?

7. the supply chain of basic goods fell apart?

8. crime in the cities became ten times worse than it currently is, so that these weeks will seem as the "good old days??

These are just for starters. Perhaps none of these things will happen. What is significant is that the expectation of these things being possibly imminent has never ben higher than now. 

How weird it seems, the days, when we could live our lives day by day?

Thinking about these things, I can only throw myself on God's mercy and beg Him to be merciful with us. Collectively as a nation we know we have not lived in accordance with God's will. We have spit in God's face and said that we are our own masters.

How in the midst of this could God be merciful to us, and let us find a way out as a nation, and a world? One sees the rising spirit among the people. Yet this rising up is labeled as the worst, most dangerous, most hateful thing to happen to the country.

I am tempted to pull back from thinking about all this. I need to live my life. I have a new job. I need to go on. I need to take care of myself. It is all I can do. It feels like a failure to do this, a withdrawal from a life long interest in current events.

I am so small. I feel like the least influential person to have walked the earth. In reality, the only power I have is that given to me by God, by His grace, to effect changes in my own life, and in those of others.


No comments: