Sunday, October 3, 2021

The Color of October

 The news has been crazy lately. I don't mean the mainstream news outlets. I don't watch them, and I have little idea what is going on with them. To me, all of that is a propaganda narrative that is of little value in learning about what is really going on.

I refer instead to the alternative news outlets. Everything seems to be on the boil, not only about the shadow political world, but about the economy. What is happening in the world economy--Chinese real estate collapse, Chinese power outages, collapse of the world supply chain, energy prices skyrocketing in Europe, the stock market teetering--has a lot of people both in the alternative world, and the ones with one foot in the mainstream, speculating about possible seismic developments in the near future. Are you prepared?

As usual, my response to such things is usually to disengage with the fervor. I have no idea what is going to happen in the near future. My guesses would be as good as random chance. 

Partly this is because I know that even within the alternative world, where there is an authentic desire among most people to know the truth of things, akin to true journalism, there is a consciousness that we are in the dark about so much. How can any of us make judgments about what is going to happen. We live with the uncertainty day by day, of whether any sense of the momentary normal will continue to carry through next week, next month, or next year

I feel a peacefulness in knowing there is nothing I can do about any of this. The world will play out with me as a mere spectator. There is no point in risking my emotional state on any of it.

No comments: