Saturday, August 31, 2019

Breakfast in Brooklyn, with Added Enthusiasm

It was always good to see Zeke. He's such an upbeat person most of the time and he expresses lots of positive energy in the way he communicates. In business terms it makes him a good salesman.

Most of the time during breakfast we talked about the doings in Portland, at the place where he was a partner, and for which I had contracted as a consultant. They had new offices, among other things. They were deep into a project for a longtime partner, a large streaming music service.  Ironically their headquarters was in the new 4 World Trade Center. Zeke had sometimes called me from their offices, when he was on site.

The current project was a new level of project for them, however, even for the same client. It went beyond the usual marketing web sites they had built for the service in the past, with complex design graphics and animations, to now to building for them a full web application with a login accounts backed by a database, and all that entails. I liked the fact that I was in New York talking about databases again. It was fun.

At the end of the meal, when it was time for him to catch his ride into the City, I trotted out my posters. I have to show you something, I said very humbly. Zeke's not a designer but he is close to that community, as has the eye for a designer's taste in things, from the business he was in. I knew if I got any traction of spontaneous enthusiasm in his response, above and beyond the police enthusiasm he would offer under any result of his judgment, then I was on the right track with my designs. He was intrigued enough to want to see more. That was the confirmation I needed.




No comments: