Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Through the Thunderheads in Nevada

The flight back from Portland, on a Thursday, was quite fun. Out the window I got an excellent glimpse of Summer Lake in south central Oregon before we disappeared into the cumulus clouds.

Huge thunderheads over central Nevada forced us eastward into Utah. My window was out the right hand side, and I took iPhone shots through the clouds. I like to identify the towns and roads from memory if I can, but sometimes---most of the time---I get stumped so sometimes I take pictures for later comparison with an atlas.

Back in Phoenix, I took Uber home. In the days after that, there was a little bit left to wrap up on the project, but mostly in the way of a graceful transfer of responsibilities to the new consulting firm. That was fine by me, I was even looking forward to a little break, when I got a call from one of my friends at the design firm in Portland, and they said they needed me on a new project (more on that later).

In the meantime, we were looking forward to our road trip up to Colorado, which was only a few days in August. It was the first of a couple trips we were planning during that month.

No comments: