Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Gold Discovered in Northern Jefferson State

We finished up our Memorial Day road trip through central and southern Oregon with a stay at the lovely Ashland Springs Hotel, in downtown Ashland, which is the first town of any size across the border from California on I-5.

We explored the downtown on foot. Lots of California money here.

Red found the mineral springs fountain that I would have missed. After dinner we walked up along the park by the river, and sat watching children play in the pool created by the stream.

"Reminds me of Asheville," I said. She agreed.

"And Hot Springs, Arkansas," I added. "And even Boulder."

"Power likes these kinds of places..."

The next day we drove back to Portland on I-5. We felt so lucky to have been able to have this trip.

On the way back we stopped for lunch in the little town of Jacksonville, off the Interstate by Medford. The boutique shops and wine stores on the main street were in buildings that over a century old.

"Reminds me of a Colorado mountain town."

It's where they discovered gold.

No comments: